What is praise?
- Praise is a demonstration of faith in what God says. Every time you believe in what God says, you prove it by praise. Praise is founded on the attitude that “God said it, I believe it and therefore I praise him to prove that I believe” Anytime you praise God for what he has said, He is committed to perform his promise.
- Praise is a conscious act of the will. We have to make praise happen. Psalm 67: 5-7
- Praise is celebrating the faithfulness of God.
How do I make praise happen?
- Be thankful. Thanksgiving precedes praise. It is our gratitude that graduates into praise. The easiest way to provoke thanksgiving within you is to recall the past blessing of God in your life. Psalm 103: 1-2. A man that is not thankful has forgotten what God has done for him in the past.
1 Corinthians 15:10. Where you are today is a function of God’s grace and it is this same grace that will take you further.
Satan specializes in showing us the things God has not done.
- Despise your present challenges. You must understand that challenges are normal in life. 1 Corinthians 10:13. The ability to overcome the challenge you are facing is inside of you.
Look unto God and unto Abraham. Roman 4:19-20
Praise God without considering your challenges.
What will happen as we praise God?
Matthew 21: 9, 15-16. Psalms 8:2
- Our enemy will be silenced in praise. Psalm 149 : 3 -7
- We provoke staggering (uncontrollable, unrestrained) order of favour. We have to dance uncontrollably like David danced. 2 Samuel 6: 14. Psalm 30 :5
- We provoke fearful blessings. We cannot experience fearful blessings without giving God fearful praise. Psalm 67 : 6-7
- We access returns on our seeds sown through the fruits of our lips which is praise. Hebrews 13:15. Proverbs 12:13. To see prophecy fulfilled continue to celebrate prophetic word just like Hezekiah did. Isaiah 38 : 1-6, 18
-Pst. David A. IshayaPosted on